This is an exciting opportunity to help lead our organisation’s group work with stroke affected people. We are looking for a dynamic and outgoing person to fill an important role facilitating peer support and encouragement to people affected by stroke at our weekly Support Groups.
We are a small friendly staff team aided by a large group of enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers, many of whom have been affected by stroke themselves.
£19,397 pro rata (£10.03 per hour)
The main duties are to:
- Organise and facilitate two Stroke Support Groups - in Fishponds and Bedminster (for times & locations see the job description)
- Lead development of good practice in our group work and support other group organisers.
- Ensure all sessions are delivered safely and meet health and safety standards
- Keep up to date records of members, volunteers and group finances
- Co-ordinate the work of volunteers in all groups
- Work with the Stroke Support Coordinators to enhance the health and welfare of all group members
- Work imaginatively and creatively in leading activities that promote wellbeing
You can download the Job Pack here Application_form_for_Lead_Group_Organiser_2018.doc Equalities_Monitoring_form_2018.doc Lead_group_organiser_letter_April_2018.docx Job_Description_Lead_Group_Organiser_April_2018.docx
For more information or for an informal chat about the role you can contact the office