We are looking for a dynamic individual to lead and deliver our virtual stroke groups over the next six months. This is a part time post of 14 hours per week.
Bristol After Stroke run several peer support groups for people affected by Stroke. The groups offer opportunities for people to meet others in a similar situation to themselves, to build confidence, independence, reduce isolation and improve wellbeing. Bristol After Stroke’s mission is to support stroke affected people adapt to life after stroke, and our groups are a key part in meeting this aim.
Due to corona virus we are unable to deliver our normal services and for the next six months expects to be running only virtual groups.
Currently we are offer;
• One telephone weekly group
• One weekly zoom group for younger people
• One bi-weekly conversation group for people with Aphasia
• Two monthly stroke cafés
Our current group organiser is leaving us at the end of September and we want someone to help us with our virtual groups until we will be able to return to running face to face groups. This post is therefore a six month contract, however we may be looking to recruit to a permanent position once we understand what our face to face and virtual groups will look like in 2021.
The post will be supporting all the virtual groups except the monthly cafés, and it is the ambition to potentially increase our virtual groups over the course of the six month contract.
• Organise and facilitate three virtual support groups,
• Work imaginatively and creatively in leading activities that promote wellbeing, confidence and independence
• Lead good practice in our group work.
• Ensure all sessions are delivered safely and meet health and safety standards
• Keep up to date records of members, volunteers and group finances
• Co-ordinate the work of the group volunteers.
• Work with the Stroke Co-ordinators to enhance the health and welfare of all group members
To apply for this vacancy, please complete the Application form below and return to [email protected]
The closing date for this vacancy is the 21st August 2020.