We had a great day promoting Bristol After Stroke to customers at Coop Food in Fishponds last Friday 9th March. They will be supporting us through the Coop Community Fund until November 2018 so do remember to use your Coop Membership Card in store and select us as your charity to support by going to www.coop.co.uk/membership. So far this store has raised over £470, and through the two previous rounds Coop Food customers have raised a fantastic £4800 for Bristol After Stroke. Projects supported include our weekly South Bristol Support Group in Bedminster and the Bristol Stroke Cafe held monthly at St Monica Trust in Westbury-on-Trym.
The Co-op Local Community Fund gives money to local causes, helping to bring people together and make a difference. How the fund works:
- As a member, every time you shop at Co-op, 1% of what you spend on selected own-brand products and services goes to the local community fund.
- The money raised by all the members in your community, together with money from shopping bag sales, helps to fund local projects in the area where you live.
- Since September 2016, the Coop has raised a total of more than £20 million.
- You can choose which cause you want your own 1% to go to by going to membership.coop.co.uk
- Any money raised by members who don’t select a cause is added to the money raised from shopping bag sales and shared equally between the causes in their local area.
- New causes are chosen every 12 months - but you can continue to support your chosen cause if they have a new project
So remember to use your Coop Membership Card to support Bristol After Stroke