Our vision, mission & values
Ours is very much a collaborative organisation, harnessing the energy, knowledge and commitment of enthusiastic members, staff, and volunteers - many of whom have themselves been affected by a stroke.
What we do is underpinned by our mission, vision and values.
To support people to adjust to life after stroke
- Everyone who has had a stroke can get the help they need to regain confidence, achieve a level of independence, and re-build a fulfilling life
- Counselling and other psychological support is offered to all people affected by stroke, including their carers, as we recognise that many people need professional emotional or psychological support to adjust to their life after stroke
- Bristol After Stroke's services make a measurable difference to people's lives after stroke
- The voice of people affected by stroke is heard so that services are improved and needs are met
- Person-centred, high quality services
- Freedom from all discrimination, treating all equally and with respect
- Involving our service users and our staff in planning service delivery
- Co-operative working with other organisations to achieve our vision
- Being positive and creative in responding to challenges and opportunities
- Working with integrity and maintaining confidentiality
- Operating efficiently with low costs to achieve our vision