What happens when you make a referral?
You can be referred by a professional or agency working with you, by your carer, or you can refer yourself.
Whichever way, contact us at the office. We will ask a few questions about you and your stroke, and the assistance you would like from us. We offer:
- Information and guidance - including referral on to other specialist help, advocacy to help you negotiate with other agencies
- Emotional and psychological support - courses and counselling
- Peer support and opportunities to meet others with similar experiences
- Rehabilitation support - groups and courses
- Care for the carers - including joining in with some of our activities and services
Explore our services for more information about what we do.
For health & social care staff
If you are a professional working with someone affected by stroke, please use the form below to make a referral or contact us at the office for more information and advice. We can take referrals over the phone.
To make a referral, download our referral form (Word) and return to [email protected]org.uk
When we have your details, we will allocate you to one of our team of Stroke Support Coordinators who will phone to arrange a home visit within two weeks.